We are so excited for the 2020 Walk for Life coming up on April 25th at LeBauer Park in Downtown Greensboro! This year’s theme, “Go,” celebrates the exciting ways our organization is growing and moving forward in our mission: empowering women to face their unplanned pregnancies without fear.
Growing in Our Mission
In 2018, over 1,800 women had abortions in Guilford County, and there were over 1,500 abortions in Forsyth County[1.https://ncrtl.org/wp-content/uploads/2020-Abortion-in-NC.pdf]. No woman should ever have to feel that abortion is her only option. Women are hurting, families are crumbling. The need is great. So we must GO.
“No woman should ever have to feel that abortion is her only option.”
The Walk for Life is a way for individuals in our community to join with us in our mission. Walk for Life “teams” work together to raise money to fund the mission of The Pregnancy Network. It costs $1,200 to empower one woman to choose life for her child.
This year, we have set a goal of raising $300,000! That’s enough to empower 250 women to make life-affirming choices. To join a team or create a new one as a Team Captain, you can sign up on the Walk for Life website. Check out this helpful “how-to” video!
Why do you walk? Maybe volunteering with The Pregnancy Network has given you a front-row seat to seeing women’s lives changed. You may personally know the pain that follows abortion, and want to help empower others to make life-affirming decisions. Maybe you’re ready to get off the sidelines, and take a stand for the sanctity of life.
Keep yourself motivated by keeping your “why” in mind!
We’d love for you to share your “why” with us—you can send us an email at info@thepregnancynetwork or use the Walk for Life hashtag on your social media posts, #whywewalktriad.
There are so many ways to raise funds for The Pregnancy Network! We encourage you to get creative and think outside the box. Here’s a few ideas to help you get started:
- Get Crafty – Consider your talents and use them to fundraise! Artists and creatives, can you craft items that you can sell on Etsy or on social media?
- Spring Clean – Yard sales and garage sales are a great way to raise funds (and give you a little extra motivation to finally clean out clutter!) Marie Kondo would be proud.
- Host an Event – Host a car wash, bake sale, parents’-night-out, or movie night! Think about what you enjoy doing, and use it as a way to encourage others to give.
- Plan a Fundraising Day at a Local Business or Restaurant – Many businesses will donate a portion of proceeds to nonprofits—all you have to do is ask! Think of a restaurant or business you frequent, and give them a call to plan a profit-share!
- Raffle Prizes and Giveaways – Offer everyone who donates a chance to win a prize; this could be an entry into a gift card raffle, a batch of cookies, movie tickets, or even a gift basket. Prize drawings are a fun way to get donors excited and to show your appreciation.
A little “thank you” goes a long way! A brief thank you note, a shout-out on social media, homemade artwork by your kids, or a sweet treat are all great ways to show appreciation to donors who are contributing to your team.
Be sure to let us know what fundraisers you have planned—we will share them on our social media platforms to help spread the word! Send us a message on Facebook or Instagram or email us at info@thepregnancynetwork. Be sure to tag your updates with #whywewalktriad!
Thank you for supporting The Pregnancy Network, and working to empower women in the Triad to face their unplanned pregnancies without fear! You are making a difference!