*This position is no longer open as of January 2020.
The Communications Intern works with the Communications Coordinator to implement the communications/marketing strategies of the pregnancy center. Responsibilities include maintaining social media platforms, assisting with the recording/production of podcast episodes, contributing blog content, researching and executing marketing strategies, assisting the Communications Coordinator with video production, and other duties as assigned. The intern must major in Communications, Marketing, or another related field.
Reports to: Communications Coordinator (primary); other directors (secondary)
Hours: 10-15/week (Part-Time)
Holidays and Benefits: none
- Ability to effectively network with new and established community partners, especially through social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to comprehend digital technologies used for marketing
- Discernment for language and terminology that is in line with Care Center values and plumblines
- Evaluate and manage digital/online marketing metrics and statistics
- Must be flexible in an ever-changing, ever-growing organization that requires continual adjustment
- Honest with regard to personal situations that may affect work, or honest about limitations that may affect work, and honest feedback about the organization
- Be in constant pursuit of humility so that you think of others as more important than yourself (Phil. 2:3)
- Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to self-manage and set goals
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Takes initiative in growing professionally, always looks for opportunities to learn more
- Maintains a high level of excellence and professionalism in all communications
- Must attend all fundraising events
To view the full position description and to apply, visit our Careers page by clicking here.