2017 was another incredible year for Greensboro Pregnancy Care Center. I continue to be amazed at God’s provision and faithfulness. We started the year off with $100,000 over our budgeted income. We’d been praying about how to move forward with phases 2 and 3 of our strategic plan (moving locations and offering more medical services to our clients). The overage gave us the finances to begin moving forward with both.
- In January, we hired 3 new medical personnel to administer our medical services which include: pregnancy tests, STD tests, ultrasounds and medical consultations.
- With the additional staff, we now take the mobile unit out in the community 4 days a week.
- We’ve seen a 23% increase of individual clients; our class popularity has grown; and we’ve had a 92% increase in ultrasounds performed on our clients.
- With the permission of the clients, we presented the Gospel to over 75% of our clients that come to the Care Center.
- Last April, we had the most successful Walk for Life in the history of the Care Center by raising over $142,000. It was estimated that over 1,000 people came to show their support.
- In May, we hosted the first of many Open Houses, which is our introduction to the Care Center for those wanting to learn more about partnering with us. From those, we continue to see growth in our number of volunteers.
- In June, we signed a lease for a new location that would meet our needs to add more services and house our growing organization. The Lord also blessed us with a buyer for our property on North Elm Street, Youth for Christ of Greensboro.
- In October, we had another great Benefit Dinner, bringing in over $325,000 for the ministry and then receiving an additional $101,000 for the End of Year Campaign.
- In November, we moved to our new location at 625 Fulton Street. Phase 2 has been completed!
As we launch into 2018, we realize how critical it is for us to keep the momentum moving forward by increasing and improving our medical services. We need to continue to offer services free of charge at a place where women and men will be loved and cared for and hear the truth about the decision they’re making. We want to be these women’s first choice, not Planned Parenthood, the abortion clinic, or any other sexual health providers.
[clickToTweet tweet=”We need to continue to offer services free of charge at a place where women and men will be loved and cared for and hear the truth about the decision they’re making. ” quote=”We need to continue to offer services free of charge at a place where women and men will be loved and cared for and hear the truth about the decision they’re making. ” theme=”style3″]
God is building up this ministry to use for His mission in the world, which is to make disciples of all nations. Here at the Care Center, our Board of Directors, staff and volunteers are fully invested in God’s plan for the future of this ministry. We are excited to see what God is going to do in 2018 with Greensboro Pregnancy Care Center and in the hearts of its faithful partners like you.
If you would like to receive our bi-annual report for 2017, contact Mary Holloman at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be glad to send you one.
Judy Roderick is the Executive Director of Greensboro Pregnancy Care Center. When she’s not at work, she’s probably serving at her church, spending time with her family, or baking some kind of delicious treat to share with her staff.