We are excited to share that we are hiring! View the complete position description and instructions for applying below.
The Communications Coordinator works with the Communications Department to develop and execute marketing strategies on behalf of The Pregnancy Network. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for: digital marketing; media relations; copywriting; graphic design; video and podcast production; and other duties as assigned.
Reports to: (Communications Manager) Primary (Associate Executive Director) Secondary
Hours: 40 hours a week (exempt, full-time)
Pay: Based on experience
Holidays and Benefits: 12 paid holidays; paid time off (PTO) with accrual and certain carry-over by year; Retirement option (SIMPLE IRA) after 1 year of employment matched up to 3%; 98% of health care premium paid by TPN for employee only; 100% dental care paid by TPN for employee only; maternity and paternity leave options
- Ability to create marketing strategies that effectively reach new clients and partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Writes and proofreads with accuracy and efficiency.
- Serve as media spokesperson with a high degree of professionalism.
- Create visually aesthetic materials in graphic design utilizing Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Discernment for language and terminology that is in line with The Pregnancy Network values and plumblines.
- Evaluate and manage digital/online marketing metrics and statistics.
- Ability to use in-house recording equipment (camera, lighting, sound) to film and produce videos and podcast episodes. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro is preferred but not required. Professional camera presence.
- Proficiency in web design, SEO and SEM preferred but not required.
Qualifications for Employment
- Must be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, including membership in good-standing, and attendance of a local church.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the life-affirming position and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith and policies of The Pregnancy Network.
- Have experience serving as a volunteer in a ministry capacity.
- Have at least 1 year experience in marketing/communications and/or sales experience.
- Experience (with examples) of writing copy for marketing endeavors.
- Detailed knowledge of social media and email applications.
- Must be flexible in an ever-changing, ever-growing organization that requires continual adjustment
- Honest with regard to personal situations that may affect work, or honest about limitations that may affect work, and honest feedback about the organization
- Be in constant pursuit of humility so that you think of others as more important than yourself (Phil. 2:3)
- Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to self-manage and set goals
- Maintaining a high level of excellence and professionalism in all communications
- Must attend all fundraising events
- Strategic Communications
- Guide The Pregnancy Network organization in abiding by brand standards and ensuring consistent messaging.
- Assist in development of strategic marketing plans to promote development events, reach new clients, and engage volunteers.
- Assist with copywriting and proofreading off all digital and print marketing materials, including but not limited to: brochures, programs, flyers, and letters and email newsletters.
- Create scripts for videos produced in-house.
- Write engaging blog content for targeted audiences.
- Media Relations
- Meet with local press for interviews (including local radio stations, and reporters from local news media).
- Assist in pitching stories to the media and writing press releases.
- Video Production
- Use in-house production equipment (camera, lighting, sound) to produce videos related to fundraising events, special announcements, updates, etc.
- Edit all videos using Adobe Premiere Pro (or similar application).
- Podcast Production
- Plan content for each season, secure guests and schedule episode recordings.
- Host each episode, and oversee production including recording, editing, and publishing.
- Digital Marketing
- Work with Communications Manager to produce copy and design elements for email newsletters.
- Responsible for developing effective social media marketing strategies and planning monthly content calendars.
- Create compelling, original social media content relevant to reaching both partners and clients.
- Become an expert at social media marketing, recognizing the most engaging language and content.
- Utilize applications such as Canva to create appealing social media graphics; make sure all content complies with official TPN Brand Guidelines.
- Work with Communications Manager to create and run ads across relevant social media platforms.
- Photograph and provide live social media coverage of all fundraising events.
- Assist in web design and maintenance.
- Provide support in Google Ads and Google Grant management.
To apply, send resume and cover letter as separate attachments to Communications Manager Kacey Minor at email@example.com.