We are Hiring
This full-time position will be based in our Winston-Salem location. View the full position description below.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter as separate attachments to Development Director, Hope Earwood, at email@example.com.
The Development Coordinator works with the Development Director to raise funds through churches and individual donors in Winston-Salem. This is done through fundraising events, campaigns, and major donors. Responsibilities include outreach to current and past churches and individual donors, potential new churches and individual donors, administrative tasks related to donor management, and other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Development Director (Primary); Executive Director (Secondary)
Manages: Related Volunteers
Pay/Hours: Salary (based on experience); full-time (exempt)
Holidays and Benefits: 12 paid holidays; paid time off (PTO) with accrual and certain carry-over by year; Retirement option (SIMPLE IRA) after 1 year of employment matched up to 3%; 98% of health care premium paid by The Pregnancy Network; 100% dental care paid by The Pregnancy Network; maternity and paternity leave options
- Ability to ask potential donors for financial support
- Ability to network with new community churches and partners as potential donors
- Ability to create, implement, and improve systems of organization; detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Able to identify and develop emerging leaders for fundraising volunteer teams
- Available and willing to counsel volunteer team leaders and give sound, biblical advice that aligns with center beliefs, as well as practical fundraising advice to help meet goals
Qualifications for Employment
- Must be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, including membership in good standing, and attendance of a local church
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the life-affirming position and sexual purity
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and policies of The Pregnancy Network
- At least 3 years of experience in fundraising and/or sales, and managing others in some capacity
- Must be flexible in an ever-changing, ever-growing organization that requires continual adjustment
- Honest with regard to personal situations that may affect work, or honest about limitations that may affect work, and honest feedback about the organization
- Be in constant pursuit of humility so that you think of others as more important than yourself (Phil. 2:3)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a friendly disposition
- Maintaining a high level of excellence and professionalism
- Be available to work some nights and weekends, as needed
- Must attend all fundraising events in Greensboro and Winston-Salem
- Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to manage a variety of key initiatives at the same time
Essential Responsibilities of the Position
- Secure budgeted income of $500,000 for The Pregnancy Network Winston-Salem with an annual increase of 20%
- Speak on behalf of and represent the organization in various fundraising settings, one-on-one with pastors, individual donors, and businesses
- Lead in contacting and securing new churches in Winston-Salem to financially partner with The Pregnancy Network in fundraising events: includes monthly donations, organizing baby bottle campaigns, church receptions, Golf Outing, Walk for Life, Gala for Life, etc.
- Secure sponsorship for all fundraising events in Winston-Salem
- Develop and implement a plan for major donor gifts
- Increase the monthly donations currently received by Winston-Salem churches
- Work with fundraising staff to develop new fundraising ideas
- Logistics and Administrative Support
- Schedule appointments with current, new, and past churches and donors; keep detailed notes
- Maintain accurate records of donor information including donor pipeline and management system
- Volunteer Development
- Help recruit and continually train volunteer teams for the Development Department; including fundraising events, church engagement team, hospitality team, etc.
- Develop church volunteers to be involved in all three areas of partnership: Pray, Serve, Give